[Path to Mastery 4/21/10 – Wk32 D3 (Str 9.12.09)(Ph2 11.15.09)]
Continuing our Tai-Chi Journey
Today’s blog is going to be short. No Sound breath or silent breath.
When you practice Tai-Chi or Chi-Gong do it so that you cannot hear your breath. Gabriel used to say that you should breathe so that nobody can tell you are breathing. The test is if you put a feather under your nose, the feather wouldn’t move as you are breathing.
Now I can’t do that, at least not for any length of time. But the longer I train, I feel my breath deepen and lengthen, and I feel the flow of Chi increases with this breathing. It also creates more pressure, but it is gentle.
There is breath with sound that we practice, but that will be covered later. For now, enjoy practicing the silent breath and remember, no matter what happens relaxation comes first!
History of Tai-Chi Journey up to this point:
Before the blog opened to the public, we covered the single person part of the system.
1. Chi-Gong (Taoist Longevity, White Crane Chi-Gong); 2. Standing Meditation
3. Stepping Mediation; 4. 7 Basics; 5. Basic Form; 6. 30 Form; 7. 108 Form
8. 4 Type Pushing Hands
Interactive training after we went public with the blog.
1. 8 Type Pushing Hands (Covered from 2/2 ~ 2/11); 2. San-Shou (Covered from 2/12 ~ 2/15)
3. Ba-Gua.(Covering from 2/16 ~ 2/19); 4. Weapons (Covered on 2/23)
5. Healing System (Covered on 2/24)
1.Introduction (Covered 2/25); 2. Free moving – conditioning (Covered 2/26); 3.Free hand pushing hand (Covered 3/1); 4.Free hand (2 person drills and multiple person drills) (Covered 3/2); 5.Free hand weapon (2 person drills and multiple person drills) (Covered 3/3)
1.Principles (Covered 3/4)
2.Principle of Principles (Covered 3/5)
3.Principles of Upper Body #1~5 (Covered 3/8 – 3/15)
4.Principles Governing Lower Body #1~5 (Covered 3/16 – 3/22)
5. Principle Governing the Whole Body: (Covered 3/23)
6. Principles Governing Movement #1~5 (Covered 3/24 – 3/31)
7. Principles Governing Relaxation – General Concept (Covered 4/1 – 4/14)
8. Principles Governing Breathing
1.Awareness of Breath (Covered 4/19)
2.Breathe Naturally (Covered 4/20)
3.No Sound Breath (Covered 4/21)
7.Small Heavenly Circle
8.Great Heavenly Circle
10.Whole Body Breathing